The odds against any given up-and-comer carving out a profitable niche in the hip-hop game are so astronomically low that anyone who manages to do so deserves some sort of public celebration, possibly with confetti and marching in the streets. ¡MAYDAY! and MURS have the right idea on their latest joint single: “I think I need My Own Parade.” Featured in conjunction with some appropriately festive visuals by Mike Marasco, this joint finds the Panhandle State crew and their West Coast colleague extolling their successes in confident, high-energy verses. ¡MAYDAY! provides a midtempo, woodwind-laced in-house beat to accompany the cut. For Parade and much more, check out the Booth-acclaimed ¡MURSDAY! LP, available from record stores and online retailers as of June.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.