The odds against any given up-and-comer carving out a profitable niche in the hip-hop game are so astronomically low that anyone who manages to do so deserves some sort of public celebration, possibly with confetti and marching in the streets. ¡MAYDAY! and MURS have the right idea on their latest joint single: “I think I need My Own Parade.” Featured in conjunction with some appropriately festive visuals by Mike Marasco, this joint finds the Panhandle State crew and their West Coast colleague extolling their successes in confident, high-energy verses. ¡MAYDAY! provides a midtempo, woodwind-laced in-house beat to accompany the cut. For Parade and much more, check out the Booth-acclaimed ¡MURSDAY! LP, available from record stores and online retailers as of June.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.