The odds against any given up-and-comer carving out a profitable niche in the hip-hop game are so astronomically low that anyone who manages to do so deserves some sort of public celebration, possibly with confetti and marching in the streets. ¡MAYDAY! and MURS have the right idea on their latest joint single: “I think I need My Own Parade.” Featured in conjunction with some appropriately festive visuals by Mike Marasco, this joint finds the Panhandle State crew and their West Coast colleague extolling their successes in confident, high-energy verses. ¡MAYDAY! provides a midtempo, woodwind-laced in-house beat to accompany the cut. For Parade and much more, check out the Booth-acclaimed ¡MURSDAY! LP, available from record stores and online retailers as of June.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)