The odds against any given up-and-comer carving out a profitable niche in the hip-hop game are so astronomically low that anyone who manages to do so deserves some sort of public celebration, possibly with confetti and marching in the streets. ¡MAYDAY! and MURS have the right idea on their latest joint single: “I think I need My Own Parade.” Featured in conjunction with some appropriately festive visuals by Mike Marasco, this joint finds the Panhandle State crew and their West Coast colleague extolling their successes in confident, high-energy verses. ¡MAYDAY! provides a midtempo, woodwind-laced in-house beat to accompany the cut. For Parade and much more, check out the Booth-acclaimed ¡MURSDAY! LP, available from record stores and online retailers as of June.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.