In late April, Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY! and West Coast underground mainstay MURS lit the fuse on their forthcoming joint album with TABLETOPS, a lead single which won a phenomenal 4.4-star average rating from our readership. Rather than attempting to recapture that joint’s adrenaline-pumping vibe, the collaborators slow things down on newly-released follow-up Here. Over a mellow 6/8 groove by Gianni Cash and NonMS, Wrek, Bernz and MURS spit eloquently about the feelings of alienation and social isolation that have followed them throughout life. ¡MURSDAY! is scheduled to drop via Strange Music on June 10, at which point it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
UPDATE: You can now watch the official video for Here.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.