In late April, Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY! and West Coast underground mainstay MURS lit the fuse on their forthcoming joint album with TABLETOPS, a lead single which won a phenomenal 4.4-star average rating from our readership. Rather than attempting to recapture that joint’s adrenaline-pumping vibe, the collaborators slow things down on newly-released follow-up Here. Over a mellow 6/8 groove by Gianni Cash and NonMS, Wrek, Bernz and MURS spit eloquently about the feelings of alienation and social isolation that have followed them throughout life. ¡MURSDAY! is scheduled to drop via Strange Music on June 10, at which point it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
UPDATE: You can now watch the official video for Here.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
I hate needles, blood makes me want to puke, and I can barely handle "Game Of Thrones"' violence, let alone, you know, real life injuries. So, naturally, the emergency room was the first place I went to check out the new...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.