You could always tell which middle school kids would still be into Hip-Hop 10 or 20 years later. If you saw a kid beatbox, use pens on the desk like drumsticks, or pound hands on the gym floor, someone who could dance or rap wasn’t far. ¡MAYDAY! and MURS, together known as ¡MURSDAY!, were those kids. On the first joint single from their upcoming self-titled LP, Bernz, Wrekonize, and MURS trade bars over a simple yet dynamic beat that the talented kids could have made in Band class while goofing around. Each of them takes the incoming class of emcees back to school in a Beastie Boys fashion, with a group emphasis on the last word of each line. Today’s lesson: “If you got that funk then swing, monkey / if not, then put them bars down.” ¡MURSDAY! is due out June 10, via Strange Music.
UPDATE: We’ve added the Mike Marasco directed visuals for Tabletops.
Written by Bryan H on 04/22/14
I hate needles, blood makes me want to puke, and I can barely handle "Game Of Thrones"' violence, let alone, you know, real life injuries. So, naturally, the emergency room was the first place I went to check out the new...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.