It’s freezing in the US of A right now, and with the climax of events happening across the nation, ranging from the cries surrounding the murder of Trayvon Martin to the heated debates on health care and civil liberties, its a wonder the entire country hasn’t blown up yet. Thankfully, something awesome came through the pipeline from ¡MAYDAY!, who’ve remixed previously-featured T-N-T with an unlikely host of emcees dedicated to dropping a bomb on desperate ears. The crew enlists heavy-hitting Roots front man Black Thought, raw Watts representative Jay Rock and rising artists Jon Connor and Stevie Stone for a true work of art and social protest (oh, and DJ Khaled‘s appears on the intro). Over Plex Luthor’s trippy sound effects and the changing kickdrums within a submarine-esque backdrop are voices with edge, speaking the unspoken and charging people to “burn this b!+@# down” and start a revolution. This record is one way for ¡MAYDAY! to blow up, no lie. Check for the original on the group’s Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, which was recently reviewed in full on The DJBooth.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.