It’s freezing in the US of A right now, and with the climax of events happening across the nation, ranging from the cries surrounding the murder of Trayvon Martin to the heated debates on health care and civil liberties, its a wonder the entire country hasn’t blown up yet. Thankfully, something awesome came through the pipeline from ¡MAYDAY!, who’ve remixed previously-featured T-N-T with an unlikely host of emcees dedicated to dropping a bomb on desperate ears. The crew enlists heavy-hitting Roots front man Black Thought, raw Watts representative Jay Rock and rising artists Jon Connor and Stevie Stone for a true work of art and social protest (oh, and DJ Khaled‘s appears on the intro). Over Plex Luthor’s trippy sound effects and the changing kickdrums within a submarine-esque backdrop are voices with edge, speaking the unspoken and charging people to “burn this b!+@# down” and start a revolution. This record is one way for ¡MAYDAY! to blow up, no lie. Check for the original on the group’s Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, which was recently reviewed in full on The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.