It’s freezing in the US of A right now, and with the climax of events happening across the nation, ranging from the cries surrounding the murder of Trayvon Martin to the heated debates on health care and civil liberties, its a wonder the entire country hasn’t blown up yet. Thankfully, something awesome came through the pipeline from ¡MAYDAY!, who’ve remixed previously-featured T-N-T with an unlikely host of emcees dedicated to dropping a bomb on desperate ears. The crew enlists heavy-hitting Roots front man Black Thought, raw Watts representative Jay Rock and rising artists Jon Connor and Stevie Stone for a true work of art and social protest (oh, and DJ Khaled‘s appears on the intro). Over Plex Luthor’s trippy sound effects and the changing kickdrums within a submarine-esque backdrop are voices with edge, speaking the unspoken and charging people to “burn this b!+@# down” and start a revolution. This record is one way for ¡MAYDAY! to blow up, no lie. Check for the original on the group’s Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, which was recently reviewed in full on The DJBooth.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.