It’s freezing in the US of A right now, and with the climax of events happening across the nation, ranging from the cries surrounding the murder of Trayvon Martin to the heated debates on health care and civil liberties, its a wonder the entire country hasn’t blown up yet. Thankfully, something awesome came through the pipeline from ¡MAYDAY!, who’ve remixed previously-featured T-N-T with an unlikely host of emcees dedicated to dropping a bomb on desperate ears. The crew enlists heavy-hitting Roots front man Black Thought, raw Watts representative Jay Rock and rising artists Jon Connor and Stevie Stone for a true work of art and social protest (oh, and DJ Khaled‘s appears on the intro). Over Plex Luthor’s trippy sound effects and the changing kickdrums within a submarine-esque backdrop are voices with edge, speaking the unspoken and charging people to “burn this b!+@# down” and start a revolution. This record is one way for ¡MAYDAY! to blow up, no lie. Check for the original on the group’s Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, which was recently reviewed in full on The DJBooth.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.