It’s freezing in the US of A right now, and with the climax of events happening across the nation, ranging from the cries surrounding the murder of Trayvon Martin to the heated debates on health care and civil liberties, its a wonder the entire country hasn’t blown up yet. Thankfully, something awesome came through the pipeline from ¡MAYDAY!, who’ve remixed previously-featured T-N-T with an unlikely host of emcees dedicated to dropping a bomb on desperate ears. The crew enlists heavy-hitting Roots front man Black Thought, raw Watts representative Jay Rock and rising artists Jon Connor and Stevie Stone for a true work of art and social protest (oh, and DJ Khaled‘s appears on the intro). Over Plex Luthor’s trippy sound effects and the changing kickdrums within a submarine-esque backdrop are voices with edge, speaking the unspoken and charging people to “burn this b!+@# down” and start a revolution. This record is one way for ¡MAYDAY! to blow up, no lie. Check for the original on the group’s Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, which was recently reviewed in full on The DJBooth.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.