The city of Miami has its fair share of fantastic duos. There’s LeBron and Dwyane Wade, Dan LeBatard and his father, Horatio Caine and Eric Delko, Eva Mendes (she counts as two people) and of course ¡MAYDAY! emcees, Wrekonize and Bernbiz. As of late, the group has been putting out impressive music with popular single, Death March and its remix, and they are about to blow your mind with their latest release, T.N.T. Off of their forthcoming album, T.N.T. features a beat from group member, Plex Luther, who provides a banging instrumental with heavy percussion while incorporating synths and string riffs for the talented emcees to rhyme over. On the mic, Wrek and Bernbiz bring along dead prez and use their superior flow and lyricism to show why they are beginning to blow up across North America. You can tell why label boss Tech N9ne signed ¡MAYDAY! to Strange Music with lines like “Where ever there’s repression, you know it bleeds resistance and where there is smoke, fire’s in the distance.” ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Strange Music debut, Take Me To Your Leader is set to drop on March 26th and is available for pre- order now.
Written by Dillon White on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.