Damn. I wasn’t able to finish Lost last night, so I won’t be able to give you the five-star blurb filled with deep thoughts that I wanted to for this one (if only I had a steering wheel at the bottom of a well I could use to turn back time). However, exclamatory rock/hip-hop/etc. group ¡MAYDAY! is here to make the ending of an interesting series even better with their latest summer-ready title track, Stuck on an Island. Produced by MayDay’s own Plex, the group kicks a catchy and energetic beat to new heights with their witty lyricism and raw talent: “This ain’t no sock hop, so when the bombs drop, I’ll be like John Locke, I kick it nonstop.” If you wouldn’t mind being stranded on a desert island with !Mayday!’s music, be sure to keep a lookout for their summer tour dates, as well as their forthcoming Stuck on an Island album, due to crash land on September 7. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to figure out if I love or hate a girl named Kate.
Written by Sigurd on 05/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.