Damn. I wasn’t able to finish Lost last night, so I won’t be able to give you the five-star blurb filled with deep thoughts that I wanted to for this one (if only I had a steering wheel at the bottom of a well I could use to turn back time). However, exclamatory rock/hip-hop/etc. group ¡MAYDAY! is here to make the ending of an interesting series even better with their latest summer-ready title track, Stuck on an Island. Produced by MayDay’s own Plex, the group kicks a catchy and energetic beat to new heights with their witty lyricism and raw talent: “This ain’t no sock hop, so when the bombs drop, I’ll be like John Locke, I kick it nonstop.” If you wouldn’t mind being stranded on a desert island with !Mayday!’s music, be sure to keep a lookout for their summer tour dates, as well as their forthcoming Stuck on an Island album, due to crash land on September 7. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to figure out if I love or hate a girl named Kate.
Written by Sigurd on 05/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.