Damn. I wasn’t able to finish Lost last night, so I won’t be able to give you the five-star blurb filled with deep thoughts that I wanted to for this one (if only I had a steering wheel at the bottom of a well I could use to turn back time). However, exclamatory rock/hip-hop/etc. group ¡MAYDAY! is here to make the ending of an interesting series even better with their latest summer-ready title track, Stuck on an Island. Produced by MayDay’s own Plex, the group kicks a catchy and energetic beat to new heights with their witty lyricism and raw talent: “This ain’t no sock hop, so when the bombs drop, I’ll be like John Locke, I kick it nonstop.” If you wouldn’t mind being stranded on a desert island with !Mayday!’s music, be sure to keep a lookout for their summer tour dates, as well as their forthcoming Stuck on an Island album, due to crash land on September 7. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to figure out if I love or hate a girl named Kate.
Written by Sigurd on 05/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.