With blues-rockers’ The Black Keys’ brand new El Camino LP flying off the record-store shelves like hotcakes would be if record stores sold hotcakes, it should surprise no one to see rap acts getting in on the remix-freestyle action—remember, these are the guys behind the grimy beats on rap-rock opus Blakroc. To celebrate the project’s release, ¡MAYDAY! hark back to one of their favoite cuts from the group’s last album, 2010’s Gold-certified Brothers. Here, the strutting bassline and distorted guitar riffs from Sinister Kids set the mood for gritty, swag-laden bars from Wrekonize, Bernbiz and company (“I’m a menace to high class, my vocals are high-pass / My manners are white trash, so y’all can kiss my fly ass…”) While the instrumental comes pre-made this time around, Plex Luthor doesn’t neglect to put his own stamp on the beat, busting out his axe for an original solo on the back end. El Comino is available in stores and online as of this Tuesday, and fans can keep it locked you-know-where for anything and everything ¡MAYDAY!.
Written by richard on 12/8/11
Miami live-band hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY! have come together with The DJBooth, Strange Music and Monster Energy to bring listeners their latest mixtape, Smash & Grab. Clocking in at 78 minutes in total, the DJ Green...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.