With blues-rockers’ The Black Keys’ brand new El Camino LP flying off the record-store shelves like hotcakes would be if record stores sold hotcakes, it should surprise no one to see rap acts getting in on the remix-freestyle action—remember, these are the guys behind the grimy beats on rap-rock opus Blakroc. To celebrate the project’s release, ¡MAYDAY! hark back to one of their favoite cuts from the group’s last album, 2010’s Gold-certified Brothers. Here, the strutting bassline and distorted guitar riffs from Sinister Kids set the mood for gritty, swag-laden bars from Wrekonize, Bernbiz and company (“I’m a menace to high class, my vocals are high-pass / My manners are white trash, so y’all can kiss my fly ass…”) While the instrumental comes pre-made this time around, Plex Luthor doesn’t neglect to put his own stamp on the beat, busting out his axe for an original solo on the back end. El Comino is available in stores and online as of this Tuesday, and fans can keep it locked you-know-where for anything and everything ¡MAYDAY!.
Written by richard on 12/8/11
Miami live-band hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY! have come together with The DJBooth, Strange Music and Monster Energy to bring listeners their latest mixtape, Smash & Grab. Clocking in at 78 minutes in total, the DJ Green...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.