Everybody hit the ground—we’ve received reports of Shots Fired in The DJBooth. The perpetrators: a sextet of young Miami natives bearing an uncanny resemblance to Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY!. In fact, I’m pretty sure that is ¡MAYDAY!. On the lead single off the group’s second studio album, making its world premiere on our front page following the release of a snippet on a Strange Music sampler, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernbiz fire off their most potent lyrical ammunition over a tense, reggae-tinged instrumental produced by crewmates Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash. Craving more diabolical bars and dope, live-band instrumentals? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the July 16, arrival of sophomore LP Believers. Next month, the crew will be hitting the road with labelmate Krizz Kaliko on the 2013 Summer of Strange Tour. Watch for the official tour dates to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.