Everybody hit the ground—we’ve received reports of Shots Fired in The DJBooth. The perpetrators: a sextet of young Miami natives bearing an uncanny resemblance to Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY!. In fact, I’m pretty sure that is ¡MAYDAY!. On the lead single off the group’s second studio album, making its world premiere on our front page following the release of a snippet on a Strange Music sampler, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernbiz fire off their most potent lyrical ammunition over a tense, reggae-tinged instrumental produced by crewmates Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash. Craving more diabolical bars and dope, live-band instrumentals? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the July 16, arrival of sophomore LP Believers. Next month, the crew will be hitting the road with labelmate Krizz Kaliko on the 2013 Summer of Strange Tour. Watch for the official tour dates to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.