Everybody hit the ground—we’ve received reports of Shots Fired in The DJBooth. The perpetrators: a sextet of young Miami natives bearing an uncanny resemblance to Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY!. In fact, I’m pretty sure that is ¡MAYDAY!. On the lead single off the group’s second studio album, making its world premiere on our front page following the release of a snippet on a Strange Music sampler, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernbiz fire off their most potent lyrical ammunition over a tense, reggae-tinged instrumental produced by crewmates Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash. Craving more diabolical bars and dope, live-band instrumentals? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the July 16, arrival of sophomore LP Believers. Next month, the crew will be hitting the road with labelmate Krizz Kaliko on the 2013 Summer of Strange Tour. Watch for the official tour dates to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.