Everybody hit the ground—we’ve received reports of Shots Fired in The DJBooth. The perpetrators: a sextet of young Miami natives bearing an uncanny resemblance to Booth-acclaimed hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY!. In fact, I’m pretty sure that is ¡MAYDAY!. On the lead single off the group’s second studio album, making its world premiere on our front page following the release of a snippet on a Strange Music sampler, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernbiz fire off their most potent lyrical ammunition over a tense, reggae-tinged instrumental produced by crewmates Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash. Craving more diabolical bars and dope, live-band instrumentals? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the July 16, arrival of sophomore LP Believers. Next month, the crew will be hitting the road with labelmate Krizz Kaliko on the 2013 Summer of Strange Tour. Watch for the official tour dates to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.