A Booth-approved standout from ¡MAYDAY!‘s Strange Music debut album, Roaches is the latest of numerous cuts off the project to receive the official remix treatment. On this version of the record, Wrek and Bernbiz are joined on the mic by South Florida buzzmaker Spaceghost Purrp and G.O.O.D. Music representer CyHi Da Prynce. As usual, Plex Luthor mans the boards, crafting a moody, rock-informed backdrop for the collaborators’ bars. Take Me to Your Leader is available now in stores and online. Strange Music head honcho Tech N9ne‘s reader-approved Blur, featuring ¡MAYDAY!, will be the subject for installment number two in our Booth-exclusive Re-Produced EP series; watch for the project to hit our front page in June.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view ¡MAYDAY!‘s Bernz and Anthony “Bolonia” Uribe-directed Roaches (Remix) visual.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.