Earlier this month, Strange Music hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY! took home their first Best of the Booth trophy; their Believers LP earned our readers’ vote for Best Indie Hip Hop Album of 2013. As for what they’re doing to celebrate, do you even have to ask? On That Jack, the latest single off the set, finds the Florida natives toasting their success with a tall glass of their favorite spirit. Gianni Ca$h departs from the group’s usual rock-informed soundscapes on the production tip, instead backing his colleagues’ tipsy bars with grimy drums, vocal samples and hypnotic bell loops. Crewmates Bernz and Wrek direct the accompanying visuals in collaboration with animator Campion J. Kirkham. Feeling it? You can find Jack, previous single Mortuary Mary and much more on the group’s award-winning sophomore set, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)