Earlier this month, Strange Music hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY! took home their first Best of the Booth trophy; their Believers LP earned our readers’ vote for Best Indie Hip Hop Album of 2013. As for what they’re doing to celebrate, do you even have to ask? On That Jack, the latest single off the set, finds the Florida natives toasting their success with a tall glass of their favorite spirit. Gianni Ca$h departs from the group’s usual rock-informed soundscapes on the production tip, instead backing his colleagues’ tipsy bars with grimy drums, vocal samples and hypnotic bell loops. Crewmates Bernz and Wrek direct the accompanying visuals in collaboration with animator Campion J. Kirkham. Feeling it? You can find Jack, previous single Mortuary Mary and much more on the group’s award-winning sophomore set, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.