Not feeling Bernbiz‘s beard? Can’t stand Wrekonize‘s shades? Don’t trip—just stay in your own lane, and ¡MAYDAY! will keep to theirs. As they make clear on My Life, a new single off their Strange Music sophomore set, they’re not about to let petty criticisms like those mentioned above stop them from having a good time. In contrast to the darker, heavier vibes of previous features, this joint boasts a more exuberant, pop-oriented vibe. Crew member Plex Luthor partners with co-producer Infamous to craft a driving, keyboard-laced backdrop for his colleagues’ party-ready verses and Irv Da Phenom‘s catchy, stuttered hook. Jokes‘s official visuals offer fans a candid glimpse at the group’s recent travels. Fans can find My Life and many more bangers on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Believers LP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-July.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.