Not feeling Bernbiz‘s beard? Can’t stand Wrekonize‘s shades? Don’t trip—just stay in your own lane, and ¡MAYDAY! will keep to theirs. As they make clear on My Life, a new single off their Strange Music sophomore set, they’re not about to let petty criticisms like those mentioned above stop them from having a good time. In contrast to the darker, heavier vibes of previous features, this joint boasts a more exuberant, pop-oriented vibe. Crew member Plex Luthor partners with co-producer Infamous to craft a driving, keyboard-laced backdrop for his colleagues’ party-ready verses and Irv Da Phenom‘s catchy, stuttered hook. Jokes‘s official visuals offer fans a candid glimpse at the group’s recent travels. Fans can find My Life and many more bangers on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Believers LP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-July.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.