Not feeling Bernbiz‘s beard? Can’t stand Wrekonize‘s shades? Don’t trip—just stay in your own lane, and ¡MAYDAY! will keep to theirs. As they make clear on My Life, a new single off their Strange Music sophomore set, they’re not about to let petty criticisms like those mentioned above stop them from having a good time. In contrast to the darker, heavier vibes of previous features, this joint boasts a more exuberant, pop-oriented vibe. Crew member Plex Luthor partners with co-producer Infamous to craft a driving, keyboard-laced backdrop for his colleagues’ party-ready verses and Irv Da Phenom‘s catchy, stuttered hook. Jokes‘s official visuals offer fans a candid glimpse at the group’s recent travels. Fans can find My Life and many more bangers on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Believers LP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-July.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.