Not feeling Bernbiz‘s beard? Can’t stand Wrekonize‘s shades? Don’t trip—just stay in your own lane, and ¡MAYDAY! will keep to theirs. As they make clear on My Life, a new single off their Strange Music sophomore set, they’re not about to let petty criticisms like those mentioned above stop them from having a good time. In contrast to the darker, heavier vibes of previous features, this joint boasts a more exuberant, pop-oriented vibe. Crew member Plex Luthor partners with co-producer Infamous to craft a driving, keyboard-laced backdrop for his colleagues’ party-ready verses and Irv Da Phenom‘s catchy, stuttered hook. Jokes‘s official visuals offer fans a candid glimpse at the group’s recent travels. Fans can find My Life and many more bangers on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Believers LP, released to record stores and online retailers in mid-July.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.