2013 was a great year for Strange Music-signed crew ¡MAYDAY! Their summer album, Believers, was a huge success; just look at those ratings! To celebrate, they’ve dropped a video for Mortuary Mary, a standout cut off the set. With a name like that, you might be expecting something dark and demented. While the video (directed and animated by Steven Cartoccio) is a little morbid, it is more creative and quirky than anything else. As a few monsters woo a devilish lady, Gianni Ca$h and Plex Luthor set the mood with a gritty, slightly bluesy instrumental. To complement the charismatic flow of group frontman Wrekonize, Anjuli Stars provides some supporting vocals that really set off the record’s urban country vibe. Be sure to check out their last Booth feature, November’s Last One Standing, which also appears on the critically-acclaimed LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.