“Dedicated to the fallen, and those still running in their name.” In the new Navas Brothers-directed video for ¡MAYDAY!‘s Marathon Man, the visual layering over the various members of the Miami band stresses the possible interpretations of the music. While Wrekonize sings his verses and Bernz raps a robotic hook, you notice the juxtaposition of fast paced computer graphics flashing by and the dragging drum line and piano melody. The lyrics can refer to the rat race that we’re all stuck in, except for Puff Daddy and a handful of others, or you can take them, namely in the second verse, to evoke the horror of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Then for the final minute, you’re hit with a guitar solo and matching psychedelic effects of a dancer to simulate that “runner’s high.” Marathon Man can be found on the group’s impressive ‘13 album, Believers, an appropriate prelude to their next release, a collaboration with fellow Strange Music artist MURS, appropriately called ¡MursDay!.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.