“Dedicated to the fallen, and those still running in their name.” In the new Navas Brothers-directed video for ¡MAYDAY!‘s Marathon Man, the visual layering over the various members of the Miami band stresses the possible interpretations of the music. While Wrekonize sings his verses and Bernz raps a robotic hook, you notice the juxtaposition of fast paced computer graphics flashing by and the dragging drum line and piano melody. The lyrics can refer to the rat race that we’re all stuck in, except for Puff Daddy and a handful of others, or you can take them, namely in the second verse, to evoke the horror of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Then for the final minute, you’re hit with a guitar solo and matching psychedelic effects of a dancer to simulate that “runner’s high.” Marathon Man can be found on the group’s impressive ‘13 album, Believers, an appropriate prelude to their next release, a collaboration with fellow Strange Music artist MURS, appropriately called ¡MursDay!.
Written by Bryan H on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.