Mo’ money may lead to mo’ problems but, as guest emcee Dice Raw observes on the latest leak off ¡MAYDAY!‘s forthcoming full-length, when you’ve got no money, everything’s a problem. On this newly-remixed version of the cut, the Floridian ensemble hook up with Raw and West Coast vet Ras Kass to take a look at the obstacles that stand in the way of anyone trying to Make a Living in today’s economy. Though ¡MAYDAY! aren’t known for coloring inside the lines production-wise, group member Plex Luthor outdoes himself here here, crafting a stark, reggae-tinged instrumental that mutates unpredictably as the record progresses. Bernbiz, Wrekonize and company lace the off-kilter groove with some fittingly out-the-box rhymes, offering an unapologetically cynical, but thought-provoking take on the American Dream. Is ¡MAYDAY!‘s latest experiment a success? Your call, readers. If you’re digging it, you’ll be able to hear more this fall, when their Stuck on an Island LP hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.