If a massive asteroid were to crash into the hip-hop game, eliminating all artists whose skills weren’t up to snuff, ¡MAYDAY! and their Strange Music boss would likely be some of the Last Ones Standing. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the Miami crew’s latest single, then tell me you’re not impressed. Bassist and beatsmith Gianni Ca$h handles production on this action-packed cut, crafting a sinuous, shape-shifting groove to back aggressive bars from Wrekonize and Bernz. Tech N9ne grabs the mic to deliver the final verse—and it should surprise absolutely no one that he shuts sh*t down. Bernz also directs the joint’s official visuals, starring MMA fighters Kimbo Slice and Rey Fernandez. For Last One Standing and much more, pick up a copy of the group’s latest full-length, the Booth-acclaimed Believers.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.