If a massive asteroid were to crash into the hip-hop game, eliminating all artists whose skills weren’t up to snuff, ¡MAYDAY! and their Strange Music boss would likely be some of the Last Ones Standing. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the Miami crew’s latest single, then tell me you’re not impressed. Bassist and beatsmith Gianni Ca$h handles production on this action-packed cut, crafting a sinuous, shape-shifting groove to back aggressive bars from Wrekonize and Bernz. Tech N9ne grabs the mic to deliver the final verse—and it should surprise absolutely no one that he shuts sh*t down. Bernz also directs the joint’s official visuals, starring MMA fighters Kimbo Slice and Rey Fernandez. For Last One Standing and much more, pick up a copy of the group’s latest full-length, the Booth-acclaimed Believers.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.