If a massive asteroid were to crash into the hip-hop game, eliminating all artists whose skills weren’t up to snuff, ¡MAYDAY! and their Strange Music boss would likely be some of the Last Ones Standing. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the Miami crew’s latest single, then tell me you’re not impressed. Bassist and beatsmith Gianni Ca$h handles production on this action-packed cut, crafting a sinuous, shape-shifting groove to back aggressive bars from Wrekonize and Bernz. Tech N9ne grabs the mic to deliver the final verse—and it should surprise absolutely no one that he shuts sh*t down. Bernz also directs the joint’s official visuals, starring MMA fighters Kimbo Slice and Rey Fernandez. For Last One Standing and much more, pick up a copy of the group’s latest full-length, the Booth-acclaimed Believers.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.