If a massive asteroid were to crash into the hip-hop game, eliminating all artists whose skills weren’t up to snuff, ¡MAYDAY! and their Strange Music boss would likely be some of the Last Ones Standing. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the Miami crew’s latest single, then tell me you’re not impressed. Bassist and beatsmith Gianni Ca$h handles production on this action-packed cut, crafting a sinuous, shape-shifting groove to back aggressive bars from Wrekonize and Bernz. Tech N9ne grabs the mic to deliver the final verse—and it should surprise absolutely no one that he shuts sh*t down. Bernz also directs the joint’s official visuals, starring MMA fighters Kimbo Slice and Rey Fernandez. For Last One Standing and much more, pick up a copy of the group’s latest full-length, the Booth-acclaimed Believers.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.