If a massive asteroid were to crash into the hip-hop game, eliminating all artists whose skills weren’t up to snuff, ¡MAYDAY! and their Strange Music boss would likely be some of the Last Ones Standing. Don’t believe me? Take a listen to the Miami crew’s latest single, then tell me you’re not impressed. Bassist and beatsmith Gianni Ca$h handles production on this action-packed cut, crafting a sinuous, shape-shifting groove to back aggressive bars from Wrekonize and Bernz. Tech N9ne grabs the mic to deliver the final verse—and it should surprise absolutely no one that he shuts sh*t down. Bernz also directs the joint’s official visuals, starring MMA fighters Kimbo Slice and Rey Fernandez. For Last One Standing and much more, pick up a copy of the group’s latest full-length, the Booth-acclaimed Believers.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.