Whether ¡MAYDAY!‘s material lends itself to reimagination or they simply have an unusually talented and enthusiastic network of connects, the Panhandle State crew have pumped out a greater quantity and quality of remixes than just about any Booth-featured act in recent memory. The latest of many dope reimaginings spawned by the crew’s Strange Music debut set finds underground veteran Statik Selektah putting his own spin on Highs & Lows, a single originally featured way back in January of 2011. Switching out the original’s moody, Plex Luthor-produced beat for a radiant piano loop, the Boston heavyweight imbues the hard-hustling cut with a refreshing retro ambiance. As if the all-original production weren’t enough, frequent Statik collaborator REKS laces the record with some brand new guest bars. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this rendition stack up against the album version and the previously-featured, J.NICS/Freeway-assisted remix? Fans can find the former on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Take Me to Your Leader LP, released in March and out now in stores and online. Fans can also click here to stream and purchase the crew’s recent Thrift Store Haloes EP right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.