Whether ¡MAYDAY!‘s material lends itself to reimagination or they simply have an unusually talented and enthusiastic network of connects, the Panhandle State crew have pumped out a greater quantity and quality of remixes than just about any Booth-featured act in recent memory. The latest of many dope reimaginings spawned by the crew’s Strange Music debut set finds underground veteran Statik Selektah putting his own spin on Highs & Lows, a single originally featured way back in January of 2011. Switching out the original’s moody, Plex Luthor-produced beat for a radiant piano loop, the Boston heavyweight imbues the hard-hustling cut with a refreshing retro ambiance. As if the all-original production weren’t enough, frequent Statik collaborator REKS laces the record with some brand new guest bars. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this rendition stack up against the album version and the previously-featured, J.NICS/Freeway-assisted remix? Fans can find the former on ¡MAYDAY!‘s Take Me to Your Leader LP, released in March and out now in stores and online. Fans can also click here to stream and purchase the crew’s recent Thrift Store Haloes EP right here in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.