It goes without saying that life has its ups, and its downs – and, in order to stay sane and productive, we each have to find and perfect our own methods of turning the latter into the former. For Miami crew ¡MAYDAY!, there’s no better way of keeping afloat through the Highs and Lows than by, well, getting high when you’re low. And when you’re high? Well, you get even higher. (Drugs are bad, kids.) On this unreleased joint, the Panhandle State natives hook up with a fellow weed-lover to celebrate the power of THC to make hard times bearable. Over bandmate Plex Luthor‘s bouncy, piano-guitar groove, Wrek, Bernbiz and We the Best/Def Jam repper Ace Hood, the latter of whom takes his guest opener as an opportunity to tell off those who’ve declared his career prematurely dead (as well as inviting women who’ve disrespected him to “kiss the kicks on me.”) Though this smoker-friendly joint isn’t attached to any project, ¡MAYDAY! fans who haven’t already picked up a copy should log into iTunes right this second and purchase their newly-released sophomore set, Stuck on an Island.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.