It goes without saying that life has its ups, and its downs – and, in order to stay sane and productive, we each have to find and perfect our own methods of turning the latter into the former. For Miami crew ¡MAYDAY!, there’s no better way of keeping afloat through the Highs and Lows than by, well, getting high when you’re low. And when you’re high? Well, you get even higher. (Drugs are bad, kids.) On this unreleased joint, the Panhandle State natives hook up with a fellow weed-lover to celebrate the power of THC to make hard times bearable. Over bandmate Plex Luthor‘s bouncy, piano-guitar groove, Wrek, Bernbiz and We the Best/Def Jam repper Ace Hood, the latter of whom takes his guest opener as an opportunity to tell off those who’ve declared his career prematurely dead (as well as inviting women who’ve disrespected him to “kiss the kicks on me.”) Though this smoker-friendly joint isn’t attached to any project, ¡MAYDAY! fans who haven’t already picked up a copy should log into iTunes right this second and purchase their newly-released sophomore set, Stuck on an Island.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.