It goes without saying that life has its ups, and its downs – and, in order to stay sane and productive, we each have to find and perfect our own methods of turning the latter into the former. For Miami crew ¡MAYDAY!, there’s no better way of keeping afloat through the Highs and Lows than by, well, getting high when you’re low. And when you’re high? Well, you get even higher. (Drugs are bad, kids.) On this unreleased joint, the Panhandle State natives hook up with a fellow weed-lover to celebrate the power of THC to make hard times bearable. Over bandmate Plex Luthor‘s bouncy, piano-guitar groove, Wrek, Bernbiz and We the Best/Def Jam repper Ace Hood, the latter of whom takes his guest opener as an opportunity to tell off those who’ve declared his career prematurely dead (as well as inviting women who’ve disrespected him to “kiss the kicks on me.”) Though this smoker-friendly joint isn’t attached to any project, ¡MAYDAY! fans who haven’t already picked up a copy should log into iTunes right this second and purchase their newly-released sophomore set, Stuck on an Island.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.