Featured back in January, ¡MAYDAY!‘s Highs & Lows was a pop-appealing, (relatively) upbeat ode to self-medication. As we all know, every action has its equal and opposite reaction – and it’s only appropriate that the unreleased cut’s official remix spotlight the record’s darker undertones. Crew member Plex Luthor serves up a radically stripped-down take on his original instrumental, overlaying a narcotized bassline with atmospheric synth and guitar accents as Wrek and Bernbiz spit about the seductive pleasures of mood-altering chemicals. Taking Ace Hood‘s place on the guest tip are two certified Booth faves (both of whom rocked the stage at Booth-sponsored SXSW showcase The Rising); Philly street veteran and freestyle series alumnus Freeway guests on the middle, attacking the joint with his trademark aggressive flows, and Champion Rizla emcee J. NiCS rounds out the lineup, lending his gravelly vocal stylings to the penultimate 16. Time for the big question: how does this stark rendition stack up against the original? Regardless of which you prefer, you can count on the Booth to being you all the latest from these Panhandle State innovators.
Written by richard on 04/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.