It goes without saying that life has its ups, and its downs – and, in order to stay sane and productive, we each have to find and perfect our own methods of turning the latter into the former. For Miami crew ¡MAYDAY!, there’s no better way of keeping afloat through the Highs and Lows than by, well, getting high when you’re low. And when you’re high? Well, you get even higher. (Drugs are bad, kids.) On this unreleased joint, the Panhandle State natives hook up with a fellow weed-lover to celebrate the power of THC to make hard times bearable. Over bandmate Plex Luthor‘s bouncy, piano-guitar groove, Wrek, Bernbiz and We the Best/Def Jam repper Ace Hood, the latter of whom takes his guest opener as an opportunity to tell off those who’ve declared his career prematurely dead (as well as inviting women who’ve disrespected him to “kiss the kicks on me.”) Though this smoker-friendly joint isn’t attached to any project, ¡MAYDAY! fans who haven’t already picked up a copy should log into iTunes right this second and purchase their newly-released sophomore set, Stuck on an Island.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.