Given that it’s both dangerous and illegal, I wouldn’t encourage any of you to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while faded. If you do choose to ignore my advice, however, you could hardly find a better soundtrack for your L ride than this freshly-released single from Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY!. On HighRide, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernz wax poetic about the simple pleasures of long, blunted nighttime drives. Plex Luthor and Gianni Ca$h provide a stripped-down rock backdrop for their mellow, occasionally wistful bars, and Jokes directs the official visual accompaniment. Fans will be able to find this cut, the reader-approved title track and many more bangers on Believers, dropping next Tuesday (7/16) via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.