Given that it’s both dangerous and illegal, I wouldn’t encourage any of you to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while faded. If you do choose to ignore my advice, however, you could hardly find a better soundtrack for your L ride than this freshly-released single from Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY!. On HighRide, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernz wax poetic about the simple pleasures of long, blunted nighttime drives. Plex Luthor and Gianni Ca$h provide a stripped-down rock backdrop for their mellow, occasionally wistful bars, and Jokes directs the official visual accompaniment. Fans will be able to find this cut, the reader-approved title track and many more bangers on Believers, dropping next Tuesday (7/16) via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.