Given that it’s both dangerous and illegal, I wouldn’t encourage any of you to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while faded. If you do choose to ignore my advice, however, you could hardly find a better soundtrack for your L ride than this freshly-released single from Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY!. On HighRide, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernz wax poetic about the simple pleasures of long, blunted nighttime drives. Plex Luthor and Gianni Ca$h provide a stripped-down rock backdrop for their mellow, occasionally wistful bars, and Jokes directs the official visual accompaniment. Fans will be able to find this cut, the reader-approved title track and many more bangers on Believers, dropping next Tuesday (7/16) via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label