Given that it’s both dangerous and illegal, I wouldn’t encourage any of you to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle while faded. If you do choose to ignore my advice, however, you could hardly find a better soundtrack for your L ride than this freshly-released single from Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY!. On HighRide, vocalists Wrekonize and Bernz wax poetic about the simple pleasures of long, blunted nighttime drives. Plex Luthor and Gianni Ca$h provide a stripped-down rock backdrop for their mellow, occasionally wistful bars, and Jokes directs the official visual accompaniment. Fans will be able to find this cut, the reader-approved title track and many more bangers on Believers, dropping next Tuesday (7/16) via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
As the world crashes and burns around them, ¡MAYDAY! remains firmly planted, documenting the chaos through music, a paperweight in an industry full of fleeting fame and temptations. ¡MAYDAY! is a rare commodity in modern...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.