To quote the ever so wise Yoda, in hip-hop there is no try, there is either Do or Die. Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly what the little green guy said, but if he was talking to ¡MAYDAY! instead of Luke Skywalker, that’s what he would have said. Fresh off releasing their Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, the Miami crew digs into the vaults and pulls out a gem that didn’t make the album in the form of Do or Die, a typically aggressively produced cut by Plex Luthor & Gianni Ca$h that also makes good use of a U-God sample. (Hence the reason it didn’t make the album?) On the mic ¡MAYDAY! emcees BernBiz and Wrekonize do what they do best, delivering a torrent of rhymes fueled by an irrepressibly revolutionary spirit: “Complete madness / little kids got their feet down deep in the ashes.” This is live instrument hip-hop at its best, and there’s plenty more to be found on Take Me To Your Leader. If this is what didn’t make the album you can just how imagine how dope the music is that did.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.