To quote the ever so wise Yoda, in hip-hop there is no try, there is either Do or Die. Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly what the little green guy said, but if he was talking to ¡MAYDAY! instead of Luke Skywalker, that’s what he would have said. Fresh off releasing their Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, the Miami crew digs into the vaults and pulls out a gem that didn’t make the album in the form of Do or Die, a typically aggressively produced cut by Plex Luthor & Gianni Ca$h that also makes good use of a U-God sample. (Hence the reason it didn’t make the album?) On the mic ¡MAYDAY! emcees BernBiz and Wrekonize do what they do best, delivering a torrent of rhymes fueled by an irrepressibly revolutionary spirit: “Complete madness / little kids got their feet down deep in the ashes.” This is live instrument hip-hop at its best, and there’s plenty more to be found on Take Me To Your Leader. If this is what didn’t make the album you can just how imagine how dope the music is that did.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.