To quote the ever so wise Yoda, in hip-hop there is no try, there is either Do or Die. Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly what the little green guy said, but if he was talking to ¡MAYDAY! instead of Luke Skywalker, that’s what he would have said. Fresh off releasing their Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, the Miami crew digs into the vaults and pulls out a gem that didn’t make the album in the form of Do or Die, a typically aggressively produced cut by Plex Luthor & Gianni Ca$h that also makes good use of a U-God sample. (Hence the reason it didn’t make the album?) On the mic ¡MAYDAY! emcees BernBiz and Wrekonize do what they do best, delivering a torrent of rhymes fueled by an irrepressibly revolutionary spirit: “Complete madness / little kids got their feet down deep in the ashes.” This is live instrument hip-hop at its best, and there’s plenty more to be found on Take Me To Your Leader. If this is what didn’t make the album you can just how imagine how dope the music is that did.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!