To quote the ever so wise Yoda, in hip-hop there is no try, there is either Do or Die. Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly what the little green guy said, but if he was talking to ¡MAYDAY! instead of Luke Skywalker, that’s what he would have said. Fresh off releasing their Strange Music debut album, Take Me To Your Leader, the Miami crew digs into the vaults and pulls out a gem that didn’t make the album in the form of Do or Die, a typically aggressively produced cut by Plex Luthor & Gianni Ca$h that also makes good use of a U-God sample. (Hence the reason it didn’t make the album?) On the mic ¡MAYDAY! emcees BernBiz and Wrekonize do what they do best, delivering a torrent of rhymes fueled by an irrepressibly revolutionary spirit: “Complete madness / little kids got their feet down deep in the ashes.” This is live instrument hip-hop at its best, and there’s plenty more to be found on Take Me To Your Leader. If this is what didn’t make the album you can just how imagine how dope the music is that did.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.