As Corey Heart once so eloquently pointed out, there’s no more rock star move than wearing your sunglasses at night. Well I guess that means Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! are officially rock stars because not even normal sunglasses are enough to shield their eyes from the bright lights; in fact, they need even Darker Shades. A new video and lead single off their upcoming EP, Shades finds the group’s resident producers Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash crafting a minimal instrumental with a light punk rock foundation. From there Bernz and Wrekonize lyrically take the track to a deeper place, laying down nihilistic rhymes that should have Strange Music fans worldwide eager to grab a copy of ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Thrift Store Halos project, due out August 7 (pre-order now!).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.