As Corey Heart once so eloquently pointed out, there’s no more rock star move than wearing your sunglasses at night. Well I guess that means Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! are officially rock stars because not even normal sunglasses are enough to shield their eyes from the bright lights; in fact, they need even Darker Shades. A new video and lead single off their upcoming EP, Shades finds the group’s resident producers Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash crafting a minimal instrumental with a light punk rock foundation. From there Bernz and Wrekonize lyrically take the track to a deeper place, laying down nihilistic rhymes that should have Strange Music fans worldwide eager to grab a copy of ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Thrift Store Halos project, due out August 7 (pre-order now!).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.