As Corey Heart once so eloquently pointed out, there’s no more rock star move than wearing your sunglasses at night. Well I guess that means Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! are officially rock stars because not even normal sunglasses are enough to shield their eyes from the bright lights; in fact, they need even Darker Shades. A new video and lead single off their upcoming EP, Shades finds the group’s resident producers Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash crafting a minimal instrumental with a light punk rock foundation. From there Bernz and Wrekonize lyrically take the track to a deeper place, laying down nihilistic rhymes that should have Strange Music fans worldwide eager to grab a copy of ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Thrift Store Halos project, due out August 7 (pre-order now!).
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.