As Corey Heart once so eloquently pointed out, there’s no more rock star move than wearing your sunglasses at night. Well I guess that means Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! are officially rock stars because not even normal sunglasses are enough to shield their eyes from the bright lights; in fact, they need even Darker Shades. A new video and lead single off their upcoming EP, Shades finds the group’s resident producers Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash crafting a minimal instrumental with a light punk rock foundation. From there Bernz and Wrekonize lyrically take the track to a deeper place, laying down nihilistic rhymes that should have Strange Music fans worldwide eager to grab a copy of ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Thrift Store Halos project, due out August 7 (pre-order now!).
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.