As Corey Heart once so eloquently pointed out, there’s no more rock star move than wearing your sunglasses at night. Well I guess that means Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! are officially rock stars because not even normal sunglasses are enough to shield their eyes from the bright lights; in fact, they need even Darker Shades. A new video and lead single off their upcoming EP, Shades finds the group’s resident producers Plex Luthor and Gianni Cash crafting a minimal instrumental with a light punk rock foundation. From there Bernz and Wrekonize lyrically take the track to a deeper place, laying down nihilistic rhymes that should have Strange Music fans worldwide eager to grab a copy of ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Thrift Store Halos project, due out August 7 (pre-order now!).
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.