Summers in Miami are filled with hot parties, ridiculously beautiful women and, of course, the appropriate fashion accessories for every occasion. With their new single Black Shades, ¡MAYDAY! follow Corey Hart’s ‘80s mantra and wears their sunglasses at night. After rocking out with Lil Wayne (Get a Life) and catching some island vibes with Jovi Rockwell (On 2 Someth’n (Remix)), the band returns to their hometown sound, making music soaked in 305 ideals. Over some laid back production from co-producers Jim Jonsin, who’s on a production hot streak, and the band’s own Plex Luthor, the bravado and cockiness sported by most Floridians is on full display during emcee Bernbiz’s verses about of a night of mayhem and indulgence. The switch from the easy going chorus to the up-tempo verses mirror a typical Miami life; easy during the day and unpredictable at night. We might find the band Stuck on an Island when their new album drops September 7, but once we do, I can guarantee they’ll be sporting Ray Bans.
Written by Brando on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)