Summers in Miami are filled with hot parties, ridiculously beautiful women and, of course, the appropriate fashion accessories for every occasion. With their new single Black Shades, ¡MAYDAY! follow Corey Hart’s ‘80s mantra and wears their sunglasses at night. After rocking out with Lil Wayne (Get a Life) and catching some island vibes with Jovi Rockwell (On 2 Someth’n (Remix)), the band returns to their hometown sound, making music soaked in 305 ideals. Over some laid back production from co-producers Jim Jonsin, who’s on a production hot streak, and the band’s own Plex Luthor, the bravado and cockiness sported by most Floridians is on full display during emcee Bernbiz’s verses about of a night of mayhem and indulgence. The switch from the easy going chorus to the up-tempo verses mirror a typical Miami life; easy during the day and unpredictable at night. We might find the band Stuck on an Island when their new album drops September 7, but once we do, I can guarantee they’ll be sporting Ray Bans.
Written by Brando on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.