Summers in Miami are filled with hot parties, ridiculously beautiful women and, of course, the appropriate fashion accessories for every occasion. With their new single Black Shades, ¡MAYDAY! follow Corey Hart’s ‘80s mantra and wears their sunglasses at night. After rocking out with Lil Wayne (Get a Life) and catching some island vibes with Jovi Rockwell (On 2 Someth’n (Remix)), the band returns to their hometown sound, making music soaked in 305 ideals. Over some laid back production from co-producers Jim Jonsin, who’s on a production hot streak, and the band’s own Plex Luthor, the bravado and cockiness sported by most Floridians is on full display during emcee Bernbiz’s verses about of a night of mayhem and indulgence. The switch from the easy going chorus to the up-tempo verses mirror a typical Miami life; easy during the day and unpredictable at night. We might find the band Stuck on an Island when their new album drops September 7, but once we do, I can guarantee they’ll be sporting Ray Bans.
Written by Brando on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.