Summers in Miami are filled with hot parties, ridiculously beautiful women and, of course, the appropriate fashion accessories for every occasion. With their new single Black Shades, ¡MAYDAY! follow Corey Hart’s ‘80s mantra and wears their sunglasses at night. After rocking out with Lil Wayne (Get a Life) and catching some island vibes with Jovi Rockwell (On 2 Someth’n (Remix)), the band returns to their hometown sound, making music soaked in 305 ideals. Over some laid back production from co-producers Jim Jonsin, who’s on a production hot streak, and the band’s own Plex Luthor, the bravado and cockiness sported by most Floridians is on full display during emcee Bernbiz’s verses about of a night of mayhem and indulgence. The switch from the easy going chorus to the up-tempo verses mirror a typical Miami life; easy during the day and unpredictable at night. We might find the band Stuck on an Island when their new album drops September 7, but once we do, I can guarantee they’ll be sporting Ray Bans.
Written by Brando on 06/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.