Chicago may not be perfect, but I defy you to visit the Windy City during June, July or August without falling in love. On album lead single and Booth debut Summertime Chi, rising R&B songstress Maya Sýmone waxes poetic about her hometown’s many charms, showcasing her breezy vocal style over string-driven boardwork by The Trakaddicts. Local rhymesayer Kembe X contributes a bold and arrogant guest verse on the back. Has this languid summer jam whet your appetite for more from Maya Sýmone? Then stay tuned; debut set Melodic Evolution currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.