A follow-up to her acoustic-based release last year, Junkyard Jewel, Brooklyn newcomer Maya Azucena has created a new mixtape project strictly for and with her friends on the hip hop side of the tracks. With a large underground following, in part thanks to a grassroots marketing movement from her label, Azucena is hoping that the appropriately titled, Taste This!, provides a new musical delicacy that has yet to be digested. On an exclusive leak from the project, entitled Rebel, Maya is joined by rappers Immortal Technique, Ness of the duo A-Alikes, and Hasan Salaam. Over a beat by producer Pete Miser the foursome discuss the breaking of rules; not mentioned were the breaking of boundaries, but after listening you’ll have heard those too.
Written by DJ Z on 06/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread ft. John Legend & Maya Azucena" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.