On his April DJBooth debut, Max Wonders was Praying for Blue Skies. Now, the weather’s nice—if a little bit humid—and it’s the Chicago rapper/producer who’s feeling blue. On the newly-released Rich Kids, Wonders spits about the ennui and emptiness that come with having too much money, too many drugs and too few responsibilities. Triztan Cazanova handles production duties this time around, crafting a cloudy, downbeat groove to match the artist’s listless, yet affecting bars. Fans will be able to find Rich Kids and much more on Max’s Wonder Tape, scheduled for independent release August 12. Also, be on the lookout for Wonders’ entry in the renewed DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pray for Blue Skies" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.