On his April DJBooth debut, Max Wonders was Praying for Blue Skies. Now, the weather’s nice—if a little bit humid—and it’s the Chicago rapper/producer who’s feeling blue. On the newly-released Rich Kids, Wonders spits about the ennui and emptiness that come with having too much money, too many drugs and too few responsibilities. Triztan Cazanova handles production duties this time around, crafting a cloudy, downbeat groove to match the artist’s listless, yet affecting bars. Fans will be able to find Rich Kids and much more on Max’s Wonder Tape, scheduled for independent release August 12. Also, be on the lookout for Wonders’ entry in the renewed DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pray for Blue Skies" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.