On his April DJBooth debut, Max Wonders was Praying for Blue Skies. Now, the weather’s nice—if a little bit humid—and it’s the Chicago rapper/producer who’s feeling blue. On the newly-released Rich Kids, Wonders spits about the ennui and emptiness that come with having too much money, too many drugs and too few responsibilities. Triztan Cazanova handles production duties this time around, crafting a cloudy, downbeat groove to match the artist’s listless, yet affecting bars. Fans will be able to find Rich Kids and much more on Max’s Wonder Tape, scheduled for independent release August 12. Also, be on the lookout for Wonders’ entry in the renewed DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pray for Blue Skies" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.