To the casual hip-hop listener, Baton Rouge is a one-label city, as Trill Entertainment has established Webbie, Lil’ Boosie, Foxx, and 3Deep as bona-fide Southern hip-hop stars. Other Red Stick City labels need not worry, however, as rapper Max Minelli (real name, no gimmick) has The Remedy. On U Gotta Luv Me Baby, the MC spits a rather addictive flow; reminding listeners that while he’s been a successful underground artist since ‘89, his hometown folk deserve more. Adding some needed hit power, producer Happy Perez (who has worked with Baby Bash, Frankie J and Juvenile) throws in an electric guitar that most audiences—well, gotta luv. The Remedy drops May 13; buy a copy and call us in the morning.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.