To the casual hip-hop listener, Baton Rouge is a one-label city, as Trill Entertainment has established Webbie, Lil’ Boosie, Foxx, and 3Deep as bona-fide Southern hip-hop stars. Other Red Stick City labels need not worry, however, as rapper Max Minelli (real name, no gimmick) has The Remedy. On U Gotta Luv Me Baby, the MC spits a rather addictive flow; reminding listeners that while he’s been a successful underground artist since ‘89, his hometown folk deserve more. Adding some needed hit power, producer Happy Perez (who has worked with Baby Bash, Frankie J and Juvenile) throws in an electric guitar that most audiences—well, gotta luv. The Remedy drops May 13; buy a copy and call us in the morning.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.