To the casual hip-hop listener, Baton Rouge is a one-label city, as Trill Entertainment has established Webbie, Lil’ Boosie, Foxx, and 3Deep as bona-fide Southern hip-hop stars. Other Red Stick City labels need not worry, however, as rapper Max Minelli (real name, no gimmick) has The Remedy. On U Gotta Luv Me Baby, the MC spits a rather addictive flow; reminding listeners that while he’s been a successful underground artist since ‘89, his hometown folk deserve more. Adding some needed hit power, producer Happy Perez (who has worked with Baby Bash, Frankie J and Juvenile) throws in an electric guitar that most audiences—well, gotta luv. The Remedy drops May 13; buy a copy and call us in the morning.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.