To the casual hip-hop listener, Baton Rouge is a one-label city, as Trill Entertainment has established Webbie, Lil’ Boosie, Foxx, and 3Deep as bona-fide Southern hip-hop stars. Other Red Stick City labels need not worry, however, as rapper Max Minelli (real name, no gimmick) has The Remedy. On U Gotta Luv Me Baby, the MC spits a rather addictive flow; reminding listeners that while he’s been a successful underground artist since ‘89, his hometown folk deserve more. Adding some needed hit power, producer Happy Perez (who has worked with Baby Bash, Frankie J and Juvenile) throws in an electric guitar that most audiences—well, gotta luv. The Remedy drops May 13; buy a copy and call us in the morning.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.