To the casual hip-hop listener, Baton Rouge is a one-label city, as Trill Entertainment has established Webbie, Lil’ Boosie, Foxx, and 3Deep as bona-fide Southern hip-hop stars. Other Red Stick City labels need not worry, however, as rapper Max Minelli (real name, no gimmick) has The Remedy. On U Gotta Luv Me Baby, the MC spits a rather addictive flow; reminding listeners that while he’s been a successful underground artist since ‘89, his hometown folk deserve more. Adding some needed hit power, producer Happy Perez (who has worked with Baby Bash, Frankie J and Juvenile) throws in an electric guitar that most audiences—well, gotta luv. The Remedy drops May 13; buy a copy and call us in the morning.
Written by Burmy on 04/23/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)