A 21-year old native of Virginia Beach and senior at Norfolk State University, Max Mega has been on his grind ever since he graduated from high school; having released his debut EP, For the Listeners, in December of 2007, Max is now ready to pick up some much-needed hype with his new mixtape, Listen To Max. Knowing he’ll only get one chance to make a first impression on Booth heads, Max has sent over one of the street album’s standout cuts. On It Is What It Is, he spits a scatterbrained yet focused flow complete with references to everything from classic video games Bulls vs. Blazers and Primal Rage to television’s Thundercats and Joey Greco. Fellow rapper/producer Ced Hughes’ production is the perfect complement to Max’s pop culture references, combining an easy-to-remember hook with a few 8-bit samples; the results are sure to win over quite a few of our reviewers (me included).
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Rebel E (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.