A 21-year old native of Virginia Beach and senior at Norfolk State University, Max Mega has been on his grind ever since he graduated from high school; having released his debut EP, For the Listeners, in December of 2007, Max is now ready to pick up some much-needed hype with his new mixtape, Listen To Max. Knowing he’ll only get one chance to make a first impression on Booth heads, Max has sent over one of the street album’s standout cuts. On It Is What It Is, he spits a scatterbrained yet focused flow complete with references to everything from classic video games Bulls vs. Blazers and Primal Rage to television’s Thundercats and Joey Greco. Fellow rapper/producer Ced Hughes’ production is the perfect complement to Max’s pop culture references, combining an easy-to-remember hook with a few 8-bit samples; the results are sure to win over quite a few of our reviewers (me included).
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
Rebel E (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.