A 21-year old native of Virginia Beach and senior at Norfolk State University, Max Mega has been on his grind ever since he graduated from high school; having released his debut EP, For the Listeners, in December of 2007, Max is now ready to pick up some much-needed hype with his new mixtape, Listen To Max. Knowing he’ll only get one chance to make a first impression on Booth heads, Max has sent over one of the street album’s standout cuts. On It Is What It Is, he spits a scatterbrained yet focused flow complete with references to everything from classic video games Bulls vs. Blazers and Primal Rage to television’s Thundercats and Joey Greco. Fellow rapper/producer Ced Hughes’ production is the perfect complement to Max’s pop culture references, combining an easy-to-remember hook with a few 8-bit samples; the results are sure to win over quite a few of our reviewers (me included).
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Rebel E (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.