A 21-year old native of Virginia Beach and senior at Norfolk State University, Max Mega has been on his grind ever since he graduated from high school; having released his debut EP, For the Listeners, in December of 2007, Max is now ready to pick up some much-needed hype with his new mixtape, Listen To Max. Knowing he’ll only get one chance to make a first impression on Booth heads, Max has sent over one of the street album’s standout cuts. On It Is What It Is, he spits a scatterbrained yet focused flow complete with references to everything from classic video games Bulls vs. Blazers and Primal Rage to television’s Thundercats and Joey Greco. Fellow rapper/producer Ced Hughes’ production is the perfect complement to Max’s pop culture references, combining an easy-to-remember hook with a few 8-bit samples; the results are sure to win over quite a few of our reviewers (me included).
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Rebel E (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.