On Ain’t Nobody, a 1983 hit single off Chaka Khan’s Stompin’ at the Savoy LP, the pop songstress described a relationship that started effortlessly and brought her nothing but bliss. While Emotions (Love Me Better), the lead single off Maverick Sabre‘s next album, borrows its chorus from that classic cut, the UK soul singer’s reinterpretation is considerably less upbeat. Over a hip hop-infused instrumental by Stephen McGregor, the Mercury/Universal signee laments his woman’s shady behavior in verses suffused with grief and romantic jealousy. Sanji Senaka‘s official visuals round out the package. Maverick Sabre’s sophomore set has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.