On Ain’t Nobody, a 1983 hit single off Chaka Khan’s Stompin’ at the Savoy LP, the pop songstress described a relationship that started effortlessly and brought her nothing but bliss. While Emotions (Love Me Better), the lead single off Maverick Sabre‘s next album, borrows its chorus from that classic cut, the UK soul singer’s reinterpretation is considerably less upbeat. Over a hip hop-infused instrumental by Stephen McGregor, the Mercury/Universal signee laments his woman’s shady behavior in verses suffused with grief and romantic jealousy. Sanji Senaka‘s official visuals round out the package. Maverick Sabre’s sophomore set has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.