On Ain’t Nobody, a 1983 hit single off Chaka Khan’s Stompin’ at the Savoy LP, the pop songstress described a relationship that started effortlessly and brought her nothing but bliss. While Emotions (Love Me Better), the lead single off Maverick Sabre‘s next album, borrows its chorus from that classic cut, the UK soul singer’s reinterpretation is considerably less upbeat. Over a hip hop-infused instrumental by Stephen McGregor, the Mercury/Universal signee laments his woman’s shady behavior in verses suffused with grief and romantic jealousy. Sanji Senaka‘s official visuals round out the package. Maverick Sabre’s sophomore set has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.