On Ain’t Nobody, a 1983 hit single off Chaka Khan’s Stompin’ at the Savoy LP, the pop songstress described a relationship that started effortlessly and brought her nothing but bliss. While Emotions (Love Me Better), the lead single off Maverick Sabre‘s next album, borrows its chorus from that classic cut, the UK soul singer’s reinterpretation is considerably less upbeat. Over a hip hop-infused instrumental by Stephen McGregor, the Mercury/Universal signee laments his woman’s shady behavior in verses suffused with grief and romantic jealousy. Sanji Senaka‘s official visuals round out the package. Maverick Sabre’s sophomore set has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.