On Ain’t Nobody, a 1983 hit single off Chaka Khan’s Stompin’ at the Savoy LP, the pop songstress described a relationship that started effortlessly and brought her nothing but bliss. While Emotions (Love Me Better), the lead single off Maverick Sabre‘s next album, borrows its chorus from that classic cut, the UK soul singer’s reinterpretation is considerably less upbeat. Over a hip hop-infused instrumental by Stephen McGregor, the Mercury/Universal signee laments his woman’s shady behavior in verses suffused with grief and romantic jealousy. Sanji Senaka‘s official visuals round out the package. Maverick Sabre’s sophomore set has yet to receive a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.