I think we can now officially declare Akon hip-hop’s official Survivor. In 2005 Young Jeezy grabbed Kon for his single Soul Survivor, last summer Akon dropped street single Still a Survivor and now Movado’s once again called upon the Konvict Music don’s survival skills. Movado’s first release since signing to DJ Khaled’s We The Best Music Group finds the Jamaican native using a heavily electronic, stadium ready, dancehall tinged beat from an as-yet unidentified producer to back his tales of staying alive on Jamaica’s often lethal streets. With the aforementioned Akon lending some vocal help on the hook and a short verse, the Gully God fills the majority of the track with smooth yet irrepressibly hard vocals that declare his invulnerability and desire to overcome all of the considerable obstacles placed in his path. So how about it DJBooth Nation, does this inspirational cut have what it takes to live a long life on our charts? While there’s no word on a full-length project from Movado in the works, I think we can count on the man eventually delivering one – even if it kills him.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/23/11
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.