When it comes to women, Mavado looks for more than a pretty face. You’ve gotta be a Soulja Girl: ready, willing and able to hold him down through “the toughest of times.” Having found a female with the heart and tenacity to ride ride with him, the recent We The Best signee isn’t about to let her feel unappreciated. Thus, he’s taken his latest promo single as an opportunity to tell her just how much she really means. Jerry “Wonda” Duplessis, the producer who helped shape Wyclef and The Fugees’ Island-informed sound, mans the boards, serving up a heartfelt, guitar-laced groove to back the headliner’s declarations of love and devotion. Despite comparing himself and his girl to the most famous doomed lover in literary history (“I’m Romeo she’s my Juliet.”), he’s quick to emphasize that he won’t do anything to put their relationship in jeopardy—the Gully God even promises to (do his very best to) stay out the slammer. Have you fallen in love with the dancehall mainstay’s latest effort? Then keep it locked; though this joint isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from Mavado.
Written by richard on 03/14/12
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.