When it comes to women, Mavado looks for more than a pretty face. You’ve gotta be a Soulja Girl: ready, willing and able to hold him down through “the toughest of times.” Having found a female with the heart and tenacity to ride ride with him, the recent We The Best signee isn’t about to let her feel unappreciated. Thus, he’s taken his latest promo single as an opportunity to tell her just how much she really means. Jerry “Wonda” Duplessis, the producer who helped shape Wyclef and The Fugees’ Island-informed sound, mans the boards, serving up a heartfelt, guitar-laced groove to back the headliner’s declarations of love and devotion. Despite comparing himself and his girl to the most famous doomed lover in literary history (“I’m Romeo she’s my Juliet.”), he’s quick to emphasize that he won’t do anything to put their relationship in jeopardy—the Gully God even promises to (do his very best to) stay out the slammer. Have you fallen in love with the dancehall mainstay’s latest effort? Then keep it locked; though this joint isn’t attached to any project, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from Mavado.
Written by richard on 03/14/12
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.