On May 1, International Worker’s Day, labor supporters worldwide hit the streets to demonstrate in support of worker’s rights. (In the U.S., it’s known by the less politically-charged moniker, “May Day”) If you need help getting into the holiday spirit, look no further than Mavado‘s latest promo single, on which the Kingstonian singer calls on the dispossessed masses to Rise Up against the powers that be. Assisting on the guest tip, Rick Ross jumps on Jerry Wonder‘s street-ready dancehall boardwork to spit passionately about the struggles of Rick Ross (What, did you really expect Mr. Rozay to start busting out Che Guevara quotes?), and Akon ties the package together with an anthemic chorus. This cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.