On May 1, International Worker’s Day, labor supporters worldwide hit the streets to demonstrate in support of worker’s rights. (In the U.S., it’s known by the less politically-charged moniker, “May Day”) If you need help getting into the holiday spirit, look no further than Mavado‘s latest promo single, on which the Kingstonian singer calls on the dispossessed masses to Rise Up against the powers that be. Assisting on the guest tip, Rick Ross jumps on Jerry Wonder‘s street-ready dancehall boardwork to spit passionately about the struggles of Rick Ross (What, did you really expect Mr. Rozay to start busting out Che Guevara quotes?), and Akon ties the package together with an anthemic chorus. This cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.