On May 1, International Worker’s Day, labor supporters worldwide hit the streets to demonstrate in support of worker’s rights. (In the U.S., it’s known by the less politically-charged moniker, “May Day”) If you need help getting into the holiday spirit, look no further than Mavado‘s latest promo single, on which the Kingstonian singer calls on the dispossessed masses to Rise Up against the powers that be. Assisting on the guest tip, Rick Ross jumps on Jerry Wonder‘s street-ready dancehall boardwork to spit passionately about the struggles of Rick Ross (What, did you really expect Mr. Rozay to start busting out Che Guevara quotes?), and Akon ties the package together with an anthemic chorus. This cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
We The Best Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the East ft. Sizzla, Movado & Uncle Murda" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.