In a genre often preoccupied with superficial sh*t, Matty Rico is one artist who’s not afraid to ask the big questions. Questions like, “How did we get here?”, “Where did we come from?” and “What the f**k did I do last night?” Formerly known as Krypton Flo, the mic-rocking half of now-defunct duo AudioDax, the Chicago representative showcases a very different side of his artistic persona on debut solo feature F.O.M.O. (Fear of Missing Out). Over producer Web‘s simmering rhythm section, the emcee departs from the cheery tone of his collaborative work to paint a grittier lyrical picture of his hustle-by-day, party-by-night lifestyle. Craving more? Seek and ye shall find on Rico’s New American LP, available now for purchase via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/26/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)