In a genre often preoccupied with superficial sh*t, Matty Rico is one artist who’s not afraid to ask the big questions. Questions like, “How did we get here?”, “Where did we come from?” and “What the f**k did I do last night?” Formerly known as Krypton Flo, the mic-rocking half of now-defunct duo AudioDax, the Chicago representative showcases a very different side of his artistic persona on debut solo feature F.O.M.O. (Fear of Missing Out). Over producer Web‘s simmering rhythm section, the emcee departs from the cheery tone of his collaborative work to paint a grittier lyrical picture of his hustle-by-day, party-by-night lifestyle. Craving more? Seek and ye shall find on Rico’s New American LP, available now for purchase via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.