In a genre often preoccupied with superficial sh*t, Matty Rico is one artist who’s not afraid to ask the big questions. Questions like, “How did we get here?”, “Where did we come from?” and “What the f**k did I do last night?” Formerly known as Krypton Flo, the mic-rocking half of now-defunct duo AudioDax, the Chicago representative showcases a very different side of his artistic persona on debut solo feature F.O.M.O. (Fear of Missing Out). Over producer Web‘s simmering rhythm section, the emcee departs from the cheery tone of his collaborative work to paint a grittier lyrical picture of his hustle-by-day, party-by-night lifestyle. Craving more? Seek and ye shall find on Rico’s New American LP, available now for purchase via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/26/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.