I hate to admit it, but I had to Wikipedia River Phoenix to see just who Maffew Ragazino was referencing on his latest effort. I came to find that Phoenix was an 80’s child actor, who starred in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade among a handful of other films. Though Ragazino, and guests Easalio and Spazz One, haven’t been chasing Nazi’s or hanging out in snake pits, they have been overdosing on raw flows and pounding procussion. Ragazino takes an axe to the hook, giving him and his guests more time to pummel the BudaDaFuture and GrandzMuzik production. While the trio’s aggressive and energetic flow might be enough for some, the emcees carefully craft some dope one liners that will have you rewinding the song over and over. River Phoenix is the first single off of Ragazino’s White Gold EP, which will drop “soon.”
Written by Lucas G. on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Foreign Exchange Student" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.