As any artist will tell you, one of the greatest challenges in the music industry is overcoming all the “haters” who stand in your way. While most artists look to silence their haters, Booth newcomer Matt Patterson prefers to Let Em Talk. On the debut single off the Queens’ ambassador’s forthcoming project, Patterson informs us that the chatter of his haters doesn’t bother him because, quite simply, he doesn’t hear it; perhaps because he is busy bumping his own, passion filled tunes? Atop the squeaky, crisp KQuick production, Patterson wows with a energetic, hungry vocal performance, sure to drown out any pattering from critics. To put a face to the music, Patterson includes a set of visuals, directed by Llama, in which he and his crew patrol Rockaway’s famous boardwalk. Expect the talk to continue when Patterson drops Back In Business next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.