As any artist will tell you, one of the greatest challenges in the music industry is overcoming all the “haters” who stand in your way. While most artists look to silence their haters, Booth newcomer Matt Patterson prefers to Let Em Talk. On the debut single off the Queens’ ambassador’s forthcoming project, Patterson informs us that the chatter of his haters doesn’t bother him because, quite simply, he doesn’t hear it; perhaps because he is busy bumping his own, passion filled tunes? Atop the squeaky, crisp KQuick production, Patterson wows with a energetic, hungry vocal performance, sure to drown out any pattering from critics. To put a face to the music, Patterson includes a set of visuals, directed by Llama, in which he and his crew patrol Rockaway’s famous boardwalk. Expect the talk to continue when Patterson drops Back In Business next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.