As any artist will tell you, one of the greatest challenges in the music industry is overcoming all the “haters” who stand in your way. While most artists look to silence their haters, Booth newcomer Matt Patterson prefers to Let Em Talk. On the debut single off the Queens’ ambassador’s forthcoming project, Patterson informs us that the chatter of his haters doesn’t bother him because, quite simply, he doesn’t hear it; perhaps because he is busy bumping his own, passion filled tunes? Atop the squeaky, crisp KQuick production, Patterson wows with a energetic, hungry vocal performance, sure to drown out any pattering from critics. To put a face to the music, Patterson includes a set of visuals, directed by Llama, in which he and his crew patrol Rockaway’s famous boardwalk. Expect the talk to continue when Patterson drops Back In Business next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/20/13
Rising R&B singer/songwriter Matt Patterson has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest digital release, the Back in Business FreEP. The project features six brand new records from the Rockaway Beach,...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)