At the top of next week, indie rhymesayer Matt Monday will be releasing his latest street album as a DJBooth exclusive. In the meantime, here’s a little something to tide You over. In stark contrast to last week’s grimy Do It Wrong, this joint is subdued and soulful. Beatsmith Ryan Janeiro sets the mood, serving up a reverb-drenched blend of strings, keys and vocal samples as Monday catches up with an estranged ex-lover. Fans will be able to find this poignant single and much more on the North Charleston repper’s Filthy tape, set to hit our front page next Monday, August 11.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)