Booth newcomer Matt Monday is as hungry as an observant Muslim during Ramadan. But don’t take my word for it; simply hit play on the North Charleston native and recent Blu Roc signee’s new mixtape single, making its world premiere right here on our front page. Ryan Janeiro‘s instrumental is filled with ideas jostling for attention—Southeast Asian string samples rub shoulders with staccato synths and smooth R&B keys—but Monday maintains an aggressive, in-your-face flow through all of its twists and turns. Fans will be able to find Ramadan and much more on Matt’s upcoming Filthy mixtape, dropping July 22, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the BANK!-directed visuals for Matt Monday’s Ramadan single.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Wrong" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)