Booth newcomer Matt Monday is as hungry as an observant Muslim during Ramadan. But don’t take my word for it; simply hit play on the North Charleston native and recent Blu Roc signee’s new mixtape single, making its world premiere right here on our front page. Ryan Janeiro‘s instrumental is filled with ideas jostling for attention—Southeast Asian string samples rub shoulders with staccato synths and smooth R&B keys—but Monday maintains an aggressive, in-your-face flow through all of its twists and turns. Fans will be able to find Ramadan and much more on Matt’s upcoming Filthy mixtape, dropping July 22, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the BANK!-directed visuals for Matt Monday’s Ramadan single.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Wrong" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.