Booth newcomer Matt Monday is as hungry as an observant Muslim during Ramadan. But don’t take my word for it; simply hit play on the North Charleston native and recent Blu Roc signee’s new mixtape single, making its world premiere right here on our front page. Ryan Janeiro‘s instrumental is filled with ideas jostling for attention—Southeast Asian string samples rub shoulders with staccato synths and smooth R&B keys—but Monday maintains an aggressive, in-your-face flow through all of its twists and turns. Fans will be able to find Ramadan and much more on Matt’s upcoming Filthy mixtape, dropping July 22, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the BANK!-directed visuals for Matt Monday’s Ramadan single.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.