One of, if not the best sitcom theme song ever created is from Cheers. The song kicks off with the line, “Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got,” and while Cheers might be from the 80’s, that sentiment still reigns true today. For proof look no further than Matt G’s debut Booth feature, How It Goes. The song’s visuals follow the path of a homeless man, who shares some wise words to live by on a cardboard sign, as the Austin native, equipped with a refreshing, pop-rock flow, takes a honest look at the world and what people need to survive. Complimenting G’s crisp effort is a bluesy, guitar centered beat from Ill Pill, as well as the hook-work of Stewart Mann, who hammers home the sentiments shared by Matt with a smooth vocal performance. How It Goes can be found on Matt’s The Flowetry EP, available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.