One of, if not the best sitcom theme song ever created is from Cheers. The song kicks off with the line, “Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got,” and while Cheers might be from the 80’s, that sentiment still reigns true today. For proof look no further than Matt G’s debut Booth feature, How It Goes. The song’s visuals follow the path of a homeless man, who shares some wise words to live by on a cardboard sign, as the Austin native, equipped with a refreshing, pop-rock flow, takes a honest look at the world and what people need to survive. Complimenting G’s crisp effort is a bluesy, guitar centered beat from Ill Pill, as well as the hook-work of Stewart Mann, who hammers home the sentiments shared by Matt with a smooth vocal performance. How It Goes can be found on Matt’s The Flowetry EP, available for purchase via iTunes.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!