One of, if not the best sitcom theme song ever created is from Cheers. The song kicks off with the line, “Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got,” and while Cheers might be from the 80’s, that sentiment still reigns true today. For proof look no further than Matt G’s debut Booth feature, How It Goes. The song’s visuals follow the path of a homeless man, who shares some wise words to live by on a cardboard sign, as the Austin native, equipped with a refreshing, pop-rock flow, takes a honest look at the world and what people need to survive. Complimenting G’s crisp effort is a bluesy, guitar centered beat from Ill Pill, as well as the hook-work of Stewart Mann, who hammers home the sentiments shared by Matt with a smooth vocal performance. How It Goes can be found on Matt’s The Flowetry EP, available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.