One of, if not the best sitcom theme song ever created is from Cheers. The song kicks off with the line, “Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got,” and while Cheers might be from the 80’s, that sentiment still reigns true today. For proof look no further than Matt G’s debut Booth feature, How It Goes. The song’s visuals follow the path of a homeless man, who shares some wise words to live by on a cardboard sign, as the Austin native, equipped with a refreshing, pop-rock flow, takes a honest look at the world and what people need to survive. Complimenting G’s crisp effort is a bluesy, guitar centered beat from Ill Pill, as well as the hook-work of Stewart Mann, who hammers home the sentiments shared by Matt with a smooth vocal performance. How It Goes can be found on Matt’s The Flowetry EP, available for purchase via iTunes.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.