One of, if not the best sitcom theme song ever created is from Cheers. The song kicks off with the line, “Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got,” and while Cheers might be from the 80’s, that sentiment still reigns true today. For proof look no further than Matt G’s debut Booth feature, How It Goes. The song’s visuals follow the path of a homeless man, who shares some wise words to live by on a cardboard sign, as the Austin native, equipped with a refreshing, pop-rock flow, takes a honest look at the world and what people need to survive. Complimenting G’s crisp effort is a bluesy, guitar centered beat from Ill Pill, as well as the hook-work of Stewart Mann, who hammers home the sentiments shared by Matt with a smooth vocal performance. How It Goes can be found on Matt’s The Flowetry EP, available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.