On his last single, featured back in mid-April, Matisyahu showed off the Confidence that had allowed him to abandon the outward trappings of Hasidic Judaism and forge his own spiritual path. Of course, that self-assurance didn’t develop out of thin air; as he admits on the newly-released follow-up he’s has had to learn plenty of life lessons the Hard Way. A departure from his usual reggae-informed sound, this cut sees Matisyahu reflecting on his personal growth over a driving backbeat and catchy, ‘80s-informed keyboard riffs. Named after a Hebrew word meaning “binding,” the Akeda LP is slated to drop June 3, via Fallen Sparks. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.