On his last single, featured back in mid-April, Matisyahu showed off the Confidence that had allowed him to abandon the outward trappings of Hasidic Judaism and forge his own spiritual path. Of course, that self-assurance didn’t develop out of thin air; as he admits on the newly-released follow-up he’s has had to learn plenty of life lessons the Hard Way. A departure from his usual reggae-informed sound, this cut sees Matisyahu reflecting on his personal growth over a driving backbeat and catchy, ‘80s-informed keyboard riffs. Named after a Hebrew word meaning “binding,” the Akeda LP is slated to drop June 3, via Fallen Sparks. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.