On his last single, featured back in mid-April, Matisyahu showed off the Confidence that had allowed him to abandon the outward trappings of Hasidic Judaism and forge his own spiritual path. Of course, that self-assurance didn’t develop out of thin air; as he admits on the newly-released follow-up he’s has had to learn plenty of life lessons the Hard Way. A departure from his usual reggae-informed sound, this cut sees Matisyahu reflecting on his personal growth over a driving backbeat and catchy, ‘80s-informed keyboard riffs. Named after a Hebrew word meaning “binding,” the Akeda LP is slated to drop June 3, via Fallen Sparks. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)