On his last single, featured back in mid-April, Matisyahu showed off the Confidence that had allowed him to abandon the outward trappings of Hasidic Judaism and forge his own spiritual path. Of course, that self-assurance didn’t develop out of thin air; as he admits on the newly-released follow-up he’s has had to learn plenty of life lessons the Hard Way. A departure from his usual reggae-informed sound, this cut sees Matisyahu reflecting on his personal growth over a driving backbeat and catchy, ‘80s-informed keyboard riffs. Named after a Hebrew word meaning “binding,” the Akeda LP is slated to drop June 3, via Fallen Sparks. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.