Reservoir, the lead single off Matisyahu‘s next studio album, received a surprisingly cool reception when it hit our front page in late March, but the Jewish reggae phenom isn’t letting the criticism get under his skin. Why? Because he’s got self-Confidence—a character trait he urges listeners to cultivates on single numero dos. With Stu Brooks and Joel Hamilton‘s synth-laced reggae grooves as his backdrop, the artist lets listeners know how much his life improved when he let go of the fear and self-doubt holding him back. In regard to his 2011 rejection of his Hasidic trappings, he spits, “Got it on the inside. / I don’t need to wear it out.” Dancehall heavyweight Collie Buddz grabs the mic to deliver some faster-paced motivational bars on the back. Fans can download Confidence for free with a pre-order of Matisyahu’s Akeda LP, which is slated to drop via Fallen Sparks on Tuesday, June 3.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.