Reservoir, the lead single off Matisyahu‘s next studio album, received a surprisingly cool reception when it hit our front page in late March, but the Jewish reggae phenom isn’t letting the criticism get under his skin. Why? Because he’s got self-Confidence—a character trait he urges listeners to cultivates on single numero dos. With Stu Brooks and Joel Hamilton‘s synth-laced reggae grooves as his backdrop, the artist lets listeners know how much his life improved when he let go of the fear and self-doubt holding him back. In regard to his 2011 rejection of his Hasidic trappings, he spits, “Got it on the inside. / I don’t need to wear it out.” Dancehall heavyweight Collie Buddz grabs the mic to deliver some faster-paced motivational bars on the back. Fans can download Confidence for free with a pre-order of Matisyahu’s Akeda LP, which is slated to drop via Fallen Sparks on Tuesday, June 3.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.