Reservoir, the lead single off Matisyahu‘s next studio album, received a surprisingly cool reception when it hit our front page in late March, but the Jewish reggae phenom isn’t letting the criticism get under his skin. Why? Because he’s got self-Confidence—a character trait he urges listeners to cultivates on single numero dos. With Stu Brooks and Joel Hamilton‘s synth-laced reggae grooves as his backdrop, the artist lets listeners know how much his life improved when he let go of the fear and self-doubt holding him back. In regard to his 2011 rejection of his Hasidic trappings, he spits, “Got it on the inside. / I don’t need to wear it out.” Dancehall heavyweight Collie Buddz grabs the mic to deliver some faster-paced motivational bars on the back. Fans can download Confidence for free with a pre-order of Matisyahu’s Akeda LP, which is slated to drop via Fallen Sparks on Tuesday, June 3.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.