Reservoir, the lead single off Matisyahu‘s next studio album, received a surprisingly cool reception when it hit our front page in late March, but the Jewish reggae phenom isn’t letting the criticism get under his skin. Why? Because he’s got self-Confidence—a character trait he urges listeners to cultivates on single numero dos. With Stu Brooks and Joel Hamilton‘s synth-laced reggae grooves as his backdrop, the artist lets listeners know how much his life improved when he let go of the fear and self-doubt holding him back. In regard to his 2011 rejection of his Hasidic trappings, he spits, “Got it on the inside. / I don’t need to wear it out.” Dancehall heavyweight Collie Buddz grabs the mic to deliver some faster-paced motivational bars on the back. Fans can download Confidence for free with a pre-order of Matisyahu’s Akeda LP, which is slated to drop via Fallen Sparks on Tuesday, June 3.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.