Over the course of the last century, increasing global temperatures caused by manmade greenhouse gas emissions have led to the shrinking of the polar ice caps—a situation which, if allowed to continue, could cause a rise in the ocean level and a variety of climatic disturbances. On freshly-released promo cut The Iceberg, his first Booth feature since last November 2012’s Do You Want to Make It Your Business, Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien seeks to draw attention to this urgent issue… at least I think that’s what’s on his mind. Owing to the frequent lyrical non sequiturs (“There is no such thing as a lowercase parenthesis.”) as well as the relatively freeform structure, this artist-produced jam is a little tough to figure out. If you’re a fan of Mathien’s previous work, however, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to appreciate its quirky vibe. This left-of-center loosie is unattached to any project, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)