Over the course of the last century, increasing global temperatures caused by manmade greenhouse gas emissions have led to the shrinking of the polar ice caps—a situation which, if allowed to continue, could cause a rise in the ocean level and a variety of climatic disturbances. On freshly-released promo cut The Iceberg, his first Booth feature since last November 2012’s Do You Want to Make It Your Business, Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien seeks to draw attention to this urgent issue… at least I think that’s what’s on his mind. Owing to the frequent lyrical non sequiturs (“There is no such thing as a lowercase parenthesis.”) as well as the relatively freeform structure, this artist-produced jam is a little tough to figure out. If you’re a fan of Mathien’s previous work, however, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to appreciate its quirky vibe. This left-of-center loosie is unattached to any project, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.