Over the course of the last century, increasing global temperatures caused by manmade greenhouse gas emissions have led to the shrinking of the polar ice caps—a situation which, if allowed to continue, could cause a rise in the ocean level and a variety of climatic disturbances. On freshly-released promo cut The Iceberg, his first Booth feature since last November 2012’s Do You Want to Make It Your Business, Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien seeks to draw attention to this urgent issue… at least I think that’s what’s on his mind. Owing to the frequent lyrical non sequiturs (“There is no such thing as a lowercase parenthesis.”) as well as the relatively freeform structure, this artist-produced jam is a little tough to figure out. If you’re a fan of Mathien’s previous work, however, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to appreciate its quirky vibe. This left-of-center loosie is unattached to any project, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.