Over the course of the last century, increasing global temperatures caused by manmade greenhouse gas emissions have led to the shrinking of the polar ice caps—a situation which, if allowed to continue, could cause a rise in the ocean level and a variety of climatic disturbances. On freshly-released promo cut The Iceberg, his first Booth feature since last November 2012’s Do You Want to Make It Your Business, Windy City singer/songwriter Chris Mathien seeks to draw attention to this urgent issue… at least I think that’s what’s on his mind. Owing to the frequent lyrical non sequiturs (“There is no such thing as a lowercase parenthesis.”) as well as the relatively freeform structure, this artist-produced jam is a little tough to figure out. If you’re a fan of Mathien’s previous work, however, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to appreciate its quirky vibe. This left-of-center loosie is unattached to any project, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Midwest Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Gloves (No Quit)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.